Interested in Working at Geckos Etc?
We are hiring!
We are hiring for 3 positions in our breeding facility located in Rocklin, California.
TO APPLY FOR ANY OF THE POSITIONS:
Fill out the following and send to Debra@geckosetc.com (preferred) or fax to (916) 899-5332. Please call to confirm we received your fax. Our phone number is 916-624-3256.
1. Application form - please note, this document does not allow you to electronically fill in your information
Only complete application packets will be considered. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. Applicants are encouraged to apply early. We will contact you if we wish to set up an interview.
The duties of the Sales Associate will include the following:
1. Taking photos of animals for website updates
2. Posting animals for sale on our website
3. Responding to sales inquires
4. Packing and shipping of animals
5. Updating and managing wholesale lists
Other duties may include assisting with general care of animals at the facility, including feeding, cleaning, watering, and collecting eggs.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SALES ASSOCIATE
Experience keeping and/or breeding reptiles is necessary. The ideal candidate will have experience working with leopard geckos or fat tail geckos, but that is not required. Animal photography experience and customer service experience are also a plus, but neither is required. 30-40 hours per week is required, and hours are somewhat flexible between the hours of 9AM and 7PM. Pay will be determined based on experience and will start between $10 and $13 per hour. Health benefits are available for full time employees.
1. Feeding and watering of reptiles
2. Cleaning cages
3. Assistance with rack building
4. Egg collection and setting up new hatchlings
5. Inventory management
6. General cleaning and sterilizing
REQUIREMENTS FOR REPTILE CARE TECHNICIAN
Experience keeping and/or breeding reptiles is necessary. The ideal candidate will have experience working with leopard geckos or fat tail geckos, but that is not required. Other helpful qualities would be an understanding of general genetics and morphs and some experience with photographing live animals. 28 to 40 hours per week is required, and hours are flexible between 9AM and 7PM. Pay will be determined based on experience and will start between $8 and $11 per hour. Health benefits are available for full time employees.
The duties of the Assistant Technician will include the following:
1. Cleaning cages
2. Washing and sterilizing reptile racks
3. Washing and sterilizing reptile cages
4. Janitorial type duties such as cleaning floors, bathrooms, etc.
5. Assist with rack building and preparing cages for use
REQUIREMENTS FOR ASSISTANT TECHNICIAN
The ideal candidate will be hard working with a strong work ethic. The job requires someone with the ability to pay close attention to details and follow directions well. Experience working with reptiles is a benefit, but not required. Up to 32 hours per week is required, and hours are flexible between 9AM and 7PM. Pay will start at $8 per hour.